Risk assessment is vital to the well-being of your credit union—but what about high-risk businesses? Can they be served, and should they be served?
Learn what it means to undertake a Cannabis banking program, including how to evaluate the businesses for banking. Know the additional types of regulation to consider and blind spots to watch out for. Understand how technology can increase compliance and help alleviate those blind spots so you can service high-risk businesses transparently.
This webinar will provide you with a baseline understanding of how to analyze the risks involved in servicing cannabis and recommend best practices for setting up your own cannabis banking program.
- Understand the risks involved with servicing cannabis and how to weigh the pros v. cons.
- Learn about the cannabis business environment and what makes it different from a low-risk business.
- Leave with a new, deeper understanding of Know Your Customer (KYC), that will define the success of your program.
$295 Members | $395 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for CD)
One registration gives your entire credit union access to the on-demand recording until January 14, 2021.
Already registered? Go to the Online Training Center to view live.
Who Should Attend?
- 2020 BSA School Registrants
- BSA, AML staff
- Risk, audit, fraud staff
- Compliance staff
- NCCOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCRMs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCBSOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.5 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Education Manager, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: Understand the risks involved with servicing cannabis and how to weigh the pros v. cons. Learn about the cannabis business environment and what makes it different from a low-risk business. Leave with a new, deeper understanding of Know Your Customer (KYC), that will define the success of our program.
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.5 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Regulatory Ethics - Technical
National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.