NAFCU's Weekend Reading Pile
Kate and Briggs come back from sleep-away camp today. Back to reality, I guess.
The weekend is upon us. Let's make it a great one! And enjoy this reads, hand-selected just for you.
- We humans are bad at judging risk. Here's a list of the 11 deadliest animals. Dogs and cows are ahead of sharks and crocodiles in the U.S. (BI) AD's note: Could be a good article to share to remind people the importance of risk management and truly understanding risk.
- Nike is launching a shoe subscription. (FastCo) AD's note: Just a reminder that companies are looking at things from a new angle all the time.
- Different ways to be rich. (Wealth of Common Sense)
- The "best" job in the U.S? Data Scientist. (Travelandleisure) AD's note: More and more CUs are looking for these folks.
- How to ignite a fire in others. (Leadership Freak)
- The downside of possibility. (Godin)
- A decent article on how self-driving cars can change the future. (Entrepreneur) AD's note: Still wonder how this will affect the lending market in the end.
- Robots making burgers. (BI)
- Mountain Dew unintentionally insulted the upper peninsula of Michigan. Their apology wowed the UP. (FastCo)
- Five ways credit unions can compete in credit cards. (FB)
About the Author
Anthony Demangone, NCCO is Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer at NAFCU, where he oversees day-to-day operations and manages the association's education, marketing, membership, human resources, building facilities, finance and information technology functions.