NAFCU's Weekend Reading Pile
By now, you've heard about our industry's huge FOM victory in the courts. Read about it here. (And Carrie Hunt, our EVP of Government Affairs, does a great job detailing the changes in NAFCU's Compliance Network. (Member-Only.)
On that happy note, enjoy your weekend! And enjoy these articles!
- NCUA releases interim guidance on hemp for CUs. (NAFCU)
- How to navigate weakness on your team. (Leadership Freak) AD's notes: I loved this quote: "Stop expecting to love everything about the people on your team. You don’t even love yourself that much."
- Finally, every S&P Firm has at least one woman on their board. (Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation)
- Leadership. (Godin)
- Good podcast. Ride-Hailing, Electric Scooters, Even Flying Cars - What's next for the mobility Market? (Goldman Sachs)
- UPS has been delivering cargo in self-driving trucks for months already. (GizModo)
- What executives are reading in 2019. (McKinsey and Company)
- State of mobile banking in 2019. (BI)
- How traditional FIs can retaliate when direct banks attack. (FB) AD's note: There's a fascinating graph inside showing the top four reasons why Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X and Boomers choose a direct bank. And the reasons differ.
- Student loans overtake mortgage debt in severe derogatories. (Yahoo) AD's note: I met an older Alum of Penn State once who said he was able to pay for college by waiting tables. Are those days gone forever?
- And the graph of the week? How often have people been entering "recession into google in the past year? See below.