Your Credit Union Weekend Reading Pile, Courtesy of NAFCU
Compiled by Anthony Demangone, Powered by NAFCU
I had the pleasure of spending the week with 350+ credit union directors and supervisory committee members from all around the country.
There was talk of big data, technology, strategy, and governance. But there was a lot of talk about "why?"
Why do credit unions exist? Why do credit union officials and employees get out of bed and the morning? We know what we do. But why do we do it?
I hope you can join us next year in Savannah.
Now, on to this week's reading pile.
- NAFCU punches back against ICBA attack on our tax exemption. (NAFCU Today)
- Speaking of "why," here is a TED talk from Simon Sinek that gets to the heart of the matter. (TED)
- Need a culture of communication? Here are five must-haves. (Berger Leadership Blog)
- Uber wants flying taxis available by 2028. (BI)
- How Netflix redesigned board meetings. (HBR)
- There are 6.6 million open jobs out there. (Calculated Risk)
- You are what you read. (TRB)
- CDD day is here. Don't know what that means? Read this. (NAFCU)
- Putting a value on a story. (Godin)
- Wells Fargo to pay $480 million to settle securities fraud lawsuit. (CNN Money)
- Rail carloads are up 3.3% YOY. (Calculated Risk)
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone. I'm heading up to Pennsylvania to see my niece graduation from college. Time flies.
Make it count.
About the Author
Anthony Demangone, NCCO is Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer at NAFCU, where he oversees day-to-day operations and manages the association's education, marketing, membership, human resources, building facilities, finance and information technology functions.