Recently, ACH industry participants have voted to approve 14 rule set changes to the NACHA Operating Rules and Guidelines with effective dates that started in 2018 and are continuing through 2021; more than half of these changes are already in effect. Critical aspects of the ACH network, such as Same Day ACH, funds availability, risk management, audits, and return processing, are impacted by these rule updates. Vendors may be able to assist in complying with some of the new rules, however, some require action by the participating financial institution. The implemented changes are being included in 2019 audits and examinations.
This session will provide an overview from Nacha of all recent ACH rule changes, to allow credit unions to ensure that they are in compliance or have implementation plans as expected under the regulations.
- Review Financial Institution risk management registration requirements
- Discuss changes to effective dates for Same Day ACH expansion and risk management rules
- Walk through 2019 funds availability changes
- Understand new return processing options
$295 Members | $395 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for CD)
One registration gives your entire team access to the live webinar and on-demand recording until October 8, 2020
Already registered? Go to the Online Training Center to view.
Who Should Attend?
- NAFCU Certified Compliance Officers (NCCOs)
- NAFCU Certified Risk Managers (NCRMs)
- Compliance, legal, paralegal, attorney and Risk staff
- Accounting staff
- NCCOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCRMs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.5 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Associate Director of Education, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: Review Financial Institution risk management registration requirements. Discuss changes to effective dates for Same Day ACH expansion and risk management rules. Walk through 2019 funds availability changes. Understand new return processing options.
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.5 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Regulatory Ethics - Technical
National Association of Federally-Insured Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.