You must earn 24.0 continuing education credits (CEUs) during your accumulation period to maintain your NCCO. Each time you recertify, your NCCO is valid for another two year period during which you would need to obtain 24.0 CEUs in order to maintain your NCCO status. You can earn CEUs from both NAFCU and Non-NAFCU education programs that qualify.
Earn Credits from NAFCU Education Programs
Easily maintain your NCCO designation by attending designated NAFCU conference sessions and/or webinars. A number of NAFCU education programs qualify for education credits towards your NCCO recertification, including:
- Attend NAFCU’s Regulatory Compliance and BSA Seminar (24.0 CEUs)
- Attend NAFCU's Risk Management Seminar (14.0 CEUs)
- Attend NAFCU’s BSA School (10.5 CEUs)
- Attend compliance sessions at other NAFCU conferences (various CEUs)
- Purchase the Online Compliance Training Subscription (includes access for your entire credit union to over 40 live webcasts a year, most of which are 1.0 CEUs each)
- Attend individual NAFCU compliance webinars (most are 1.0 CEUs each)
- Attend NAFCU's Regulatory Compliance School (24.0 CEUs)
Look for NAFCU webinars and conference sessions that qualify for NCCO credits!
Earn Credits from Non-NAFCU Education Programs
Continuing Education Credits (CEUs) can be earned by attending a non-NAFCU conference, event, or webinar, so long as the program is educational in nature and focuses on compliance and/or regulatory topics. A total of .5 CEUs is credited for each 30-minute increment of training. There is a $10 fee per .5 CEU earned. Program topics that qualify for CEUs include:
You are not required to submit non-NAFCU training program information for pre-approval for CEU credit. Please follow the guidelines above to determine if the program qualifies for NCCO credit.* Then click the above button to submit the form with payment. If you have questions on whether a program's content will earn CEUs for your NCCO recertification, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the program agenda/schedule and session descriptions.
*NAFCU reserves the right to disqualify programs that do not meet the standards required for CEU credit.
Track Your CEU Credits
The CUNA/NAFCU merger and your designation(s)
Our commitment is to continue serving your professional development needs. Active, unexpired designations and training earned during the merger process (including recertifications) will be recognized by America’s Credit Unions.