NCUA is proceeding with the rollout of the new examination platform, MERIT. However, given the current remote posture of agency staff, full implementation and rollout to the entire agency will not be complete until the third quarter of 2021.
NCUA has several initiatives in process to improve and modernize how the agency conducts examinations and supervision. One of these initiatives is the Virtual Examination Program. In 2017, the NCUA Board approved the project and associated resources to research methods to conduct offsite as many aspects of the examination and supervision processes as possible. The virtual exam project team is researching ways to harness new and emerging data, advancements in analytical techniques, innovative technology and improvements in supervisory approaches. The new exam model should result in more consistent and accurate supervisory determinations, provide greater clarity and consistency with respect to how the agency conducts supervisory oversight and reduce coordination challenges between agency and institution staff.
Join us for this webinar briefing on the status of NCUA’s exam modernization program.
- Review the Merit Examination platform and Supervision Solution (ESS)
- Discuss loan & share modernization
- Understand the Examination and Supervision Solutions (ESS) rollout and staff training plan
- Learn current state of virtual examination project
- Gain a better understanding of goals and future plans for virtual examination project
Register Now For On-Demand Access
Registration is complimentary, but you must register to attend.
One registration gives your entire credit union access to the on-demand recording until September 10, 2021.
Already registered? Go to the Online Training Center to view live.
Who Should Attend?
- NAFCU Certified Compliance Officers (NCCOs)
- NAFCU Certified Risk Managers (NCRMs)
- Risk and Compliance staff
- Credit union staff attorneys
- NCCOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar
- NCRMs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.