Having access to capital is incredibly important for any financial depository institution. NCUA has recognized this and as such proposed an amendment to authorize the issuance of subordinated debt by natural person credit unions for purposes of regulatory capital treatment. Currently only low-income credit unions may issue subordinated debt that can count toward their net worth requirement. The proposal allows complex credit unions and new credit unions this option, which will count toward their risk-based capital requirement.
This webinar will cover NCUA’s proposal to authorize the issuance of subordinated debt, the process and its usefulness for managing liabilities and capital. It will address the: proposed rule, regulatory approval process, terms of the debt instrument, offering process and eligible investor, reasons to issue subordinated debt and current interest rate environment.
- Understand the approval and offering processes
- Discuss identifying potential investors
- Review the supplemental capital’s role in longer-term strategic planning
- Learn the pros and cons and financial impacts of subordinated debt
Register Now For On-Demand Access
$295 Members | $395 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for CD)
One registration gives your entire credit union access to the on-demand recording until September 17, 2021.
Already registered? Go to the Online Training Center to view live.
Who Should Attend?
- Chief Executive Officers (CEOs)
- Executive Vice Presidents (EVPs)
- Chief Financial Officers (CFOs)
- NCCOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar
- NCRMs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.5 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Associate Director of Education, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: Understand the approval and offering processes. Discuss identifying potential investors. Review the supplemental capital’s role in longer-term strategic planning. Learn the pros and cons and financial impacts of subordinated debt.
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.5 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Finance - Technical
National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.