Local CUs at NAFCU today for reg update
Compliance professionals from D.C.-area member-credit unions will get expert insights from NAFCU's Compliance Team today as the association hosts the Capital Area Compliance Roundtable. The roundtable will cover recent regulatory changes and expectations, as well as developments in credit unions' litigation risk.
NAFCU Vice President of Regulatory Compliance Brandy Bruyere, Regulatory Compliance Counsels David Park and Loran Jackson, and Regulatory Compliance Specialist Alma Calcano will provide the regulatory update. The discussion will feature:
- NCUA's newly-released 2020 supervisory priorities;
- issues regulators are expected to address in the coming months based on their fall rulemaking agendas;
- considerations for credit unions as RDC patent lawsuits continue;
- litigation risk under overdraft programs and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act; and
- updates on the NCUA's exam modernization initiatives.
Today's roundtable, held at NAFCU's headquarters in Arlington, Va., begins at 9 a.m. Eastern and will wrap up around noon. Roughly two dozen representatives from local credit unions will participate.
Get daily updates.
Subscribe to NAFCU today.