August 27, 2014
Murphy, Perlmutter to speak at Caucus
Aug. 25, 2014 – Reps. Patrick Murphy, D-Fla., and Ed Perlmutter, D-Colo., have been confirmed as speakers for NAFCU's annual Congressional Caucus, slated for Sept. 9-12 in Washington, D.C.
The conference will be held at the Mayflower Renaissance Hotel and will feature sessions and discussions on the most important legislative and regulatory issues facing the credit union industry today, and on techniques for effectively communicating about those concerns with legislators and regulators.
Both Murphy and Perlmutter are members of the House Financial Services Committee. Several other HFSC members are set to speak, including: Reps. Bill Huizenga, R-Mich., Robert Hurt, R-Va., Blaine Luetkemeyer, R-Mo., Mick Mulvaney, R-S.C., and Brad Sherman, D-Calif.
Other speakers confirmed so far include:
- Stuart Rothenberg, editor and publisher of the Rothenberg Political Report and columnist for Roll Call, who will give the keynote address;
- NCUA Board Member Rick Metsger;
- Treasury Department Acting Assistant Secretary for Financial Institutions Amias Gerety;
- Freddie Mac Chief Executive Officer Donald Layton; and
- Financial Crimes Enforcement Network Director Jennifer Shasky Calvery.
Attendees will also hear from NAFCU legislative and regulatory affairs staff, as well as President and CEO Dan Berger. NAFCU will update the conference program as more speakers join the roster; more information is available on the association website, where those interested in attending the conference can register. Registration is open to members and nonmembers.
Get daily updates.
Subscribe to NAFCU today.