Next week: 7 mortgage regs in 2 hours
Credit unions will get a look at seven recently finalized mortgage rules from the CFPB during a Feb. 13 webcast led by NAFCU Director of Regulatory Compliance Steve Van Beek.
Van Beek plans to provide an overview of each of the rules, focusing on the most troublesome issues for credit unions. He will focus on the scope and applicability of each rule so credit unions can determine which of their own mortgage loans will be affected. He'll also explain exemptions in the final rules and how credit unions can qualify.
The Feb. 13 webcast is the first in a series being held by NAFCU this year on the CFPB's mortgage reform regulations.
Categories of rules addressed Feb 13 include:
- qualified mortgages and ability to repay;
- mortgage servicing;
- loan originator compensation and qualifications;
- appraisal disclosures and delivery;
- appraisals for higher-priced mortgage loans;
- escrow requirements for high-priced mortgage loans;
- high-cost mortgage loans (Home Ownership and Equity Protection Act rules).
Like all NAFCU webcasts, the Feb. 13 webcast can be purchased by any interested credit union or organization. NAFCU Certified Compliance Officers will receive two continuing education units; registration is still open.
Get daily updates.
Subscribe to NAFCU today.