While accepting online loan applications may allow credit unions to deliver financial services to consumers with increased speed and convenience, there are important differences that could pose additional regulatory risks.
In this webinar, we will delve into the issues that may arise when soliciting and accepting loan applications online including best practices for delivering disclosures to consumers, handling incomplete and revisions to applications, and enforcement trends impacting online lenders.
- Identify and analyze potential UDAAP risks during the loan application process
- Review best practices for navigating changes to the standard application flow
- Learn how to incorporate lessons learned from recent enforcement actions
- Understand when adverse action notices are required
$295 Members | $395 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for CD)
One registration gives your entire credit union access to the on-demand recording until April 11, 2020.
Already registered? Go to the Online Training Center to view live.
Who Should Attend?
- NAFCU Certified Compliance Officers (NCCOs)
- NAFCU Certified Risk Managers (NCRMs)
- Compliance staff
- Risk managers and staff
- Lending, operations, and finance staff
- Credit Union counsel
- Open to all credit unions, regardless of membership or charter type!
- NCCOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCRMs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.5 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Education Manager, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: Identify and analyze potential UDAAP risks during the loan application process. Review best practices for navigating changes to the standard application flow. Learn how to incorporate lessons learned from recent enforcement actions. Understand when adverse action notices are required.
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.5 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Regulatory Ethics - Technical
National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.