Offering loan products to members is a significant part of the credit union mission. As credit unions strive to promote their credit products to members and potential members, they should also ensure that their marketing pieces are consistent with applicable regulatory requirements and “unfair, deceptive and abusive acts or practices” (UDAAP) standards.
This webinar will provide you with the requirements applicable to consumer open-end lending advertising under the federal Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and UDAAP standards, as well as illustrating potential pitfalls through the examples provided in case law and enforcement actions. The goal of this webinar is to ensure that your marketing pieces promote open-end loan products in a compliant manner that minimizes risk of consumer complaints, regulatory action or litigation.
- Identify and address the open-end loan advertising requirements applicable under TILA
- Provide preapproved offers for open-end loans, such as credit cards, that are consistent with FCRA standards
- Discuss ways to avoid potential UDAAP pitfalls related to open end loan advertisements
$295 Members | $395 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for CD)
One registration gives your entire team access to the live webinar and on-demand recording until December 9, 2022.
Go to the Online Training Center to access the webinar after purchase »
Who Should Attend?
- Compliance, attorney, risk and internal audit titles
- NAFCU Certified Compliance Officers (NCCOs)
- NAFCU Certified Risk Managers (NCRMs)
- NCCOs will receive 1.0 CEUs for participating in this webinar
- NCRMs will recieve 1.0 CEUs for participating in this webinar
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.0 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Associate Director of Education, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: See key takeaways
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.0 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Regulatory Ethics – Technical
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.