The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) has issued its payday lending rule that renders certain lending and collection practices unfair and abusive. In addition to these provisions, there are new disclosure requirements. Credit unions are required to structure compliance programs and record retention provisions for various loans including:
- covered short-term loans
- covered long-term balloon payment loans, and
- covered longer-term high-cost loans
Watch this webinar for an overview of the new requirements and what they mean for your credit union.
- Learn critical details of the new payday lending requirements
- Assess the ability to repay loans according to the Payday Lending rule provisions
- Learn what this rule will mean for your credit union’s short-term lending program
- Discover how to structure effective short-term loan programs outside of this rule
$350 Members | $450 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for CD)
One registration gives your entire credit union access to the on-demand recording until December 12, 2018.
Already purchased? Go to the Online Training Center to view now.
Who Should Attend
- Lending staff
- Risk and compliance staff
- Attorney staff
- Open to all credit unions, regardless of membership or charter type!
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Education Manager, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: Join this webinar to gain an overview of the new payday lending rule requirements, and learn what this rule will mean for your credit union’s short-term lending program. You’ll be able to determine the ability to repay covered short-term loans and covered longer-term balloon payment loans, and know how to structure a short-term loan programs outside of this rule without evading its requirements.
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.5 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Regulatory Ethics
National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.
To qualify for a refund, cancellations must be processed prior to the live webinar date. Cancellations can be processed after the live webinar date, but refunds will no longer be issued and transfers would only be considered. Please email NAFCU's Member Service Center with your request for cancellation to email@example.com.