With round 2 of the Small Business Administration’s (SBA’s) Paycheck Protection Program set to end soon, borrowers and lenders are increasingly focused on the forgiveness aspect of the program. The Paycheck Protection Program was created under the CARES Act and provides loans to qualified small businesses to keep workers on their payroll as we navigate this unprecedented crisis, with such loans being potentially fully forgiven when used for payroll costs and certain eligible expenses.
This webinar will start with a general discussion of recent developments and guidance provided by the SBA and Treasury before focusing on what will be required from borrowers and credit unions during the forgiveness process of the Paycheck Protection Program.
- Discuss the current status and recent updates of the Paycheck Protection Program
- Understand the role and potential liability of credit unions in the forgiveness process
- Review how can credit unions can help members prepare for the forgiveness process
- Learn what happens if a loan is not fully forgiven
- Discuss the SBA’s current plan for borrower audits
Register Now For On-Demand Access
Registration is complimentary, but you must register to attend.
One registration gives your entire credit union access to the on-demand recording until May 8, 2021.
Already registered? Go to the Online Training Center to view live.
Who Should Attend?
- NAFCU Certified Compliance Officers (NCCOs)
- NAFCU Certified Risk Managers (NCRMs)
- Presidents and Chief Executive Officers
- Chief Lending Officers
- Lending Executives
- Finance Staff
- Compliance Staff
- Risk Staff
- NCCOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCRMs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.5 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Associate Director of Education, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: Discuss the current status and recent updates of the Paycheck Protection Program. Understand the role and potential liability of credit unions in the forgiveness process. Review how can credit unions can help members prepare for the forgiveness process. Learn what happens if a loan is not fully forgiven. Discuss the SBA’s current plan for borrower audits.
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.5 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Regulatory Ethics - Technical
National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.