Do you hear that sound in the distance? It is the approaching real estate delinquency wave and it is heading right for us! It is almost impossible to underestimate the impact of COVID-19 to the lives of your members and ultimately to your credit union’s operations. Once you have mastered your new virtual workflow and all of the accompanying technology issues, you need to fully embrace the personal impact of the pandemic is having on your members’ lives and ultimately their ability to pay.
While almost all federal and state regulatory guidance encourages credit unions to work with borrowers who are negatively impacted because of the effects of COVID-19, the credit union must tread carefully. There’s a fine line between member service and safety and soundness and you need to be able to recognize it. At some point the forbearances and other extraordinary assistance will end and some of your members will realize they can no longer afford their homes.
This interactive session will discuss key points in evaluating your current real estate collections program and making practical adjustments to protect both your members and your bottom line. Join recovering collections attorney and credit union veteran David Reed as he walks you through recent guidance and best practices in real estate collections.
- Review real estate collections basics
- Discuss recent regulatory guidance
- Understand the Impact of eviction and foreclosure moratoriums
- Learn Allowance for Loan and Lease Losses (ALLL) considerations
- Review best practices for real estate collections during the pandemic
$295 Members | $395 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for CD)
One registration gives your entire credit union access to the on-demand recording until July 14, 2021.
Already registered? Go to the Online Training Center to view live.
Who Should Attend?
- NCCOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCRMs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.5 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Associate Director of Education, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: Review real estate collections basics. Discuss recent regulatory guidance. Understand the Impact of eviction and foreclosure moratoriums. Learn Allowance for Loan and Lease Losses (ALLL) considerations. Review best practices for real estate collections during the pandemic.
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.5 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Regulatory Ethics - Technical
National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.