In response to the pandemic and its many ramifications, including a post-COVID exit, credit unions are taking steps to maintain the continuity of their previous operations. But what is often missing, or lacking is addressing the strategic implications of the crisis – of which, depending on how well you accurately assess, anticipate and act – will ultimately determine how your institution fares in your recovery from the business impacts, as well as how you are positioned in a post-COVID environment. Also important is to recognize the two distinctive phases in recovering smartly and strategically from the pandemic.
In this presentation, we will help you separate fact from fiction about the virus and shift from reaction to effective action. We will then share with you a step-by-step process to conduct within your credit union, to remake the institution for the “new normal” needs of your members, employees, communities and other stakeholders. Finally, we will share ideas for identifying and seizing new opportunities to become a more profitable and efficient institution at the conclusion of the crisis. By attending this presentation, you will the acquire the needed information and insights to achieve a much better recovery and outcome for your institution.
- Identify when you need to shift from a reactive, continuity of operations focus, to proactive action and positioning, even when uncertainty persists.
- Understand several scenarios as to how the virus is likely to play out, and when we might be returning to “normal.”
- Recognize the opportunities this event has created for credit unions, how to resist the temptation to return to the “old ways.”
Register Now For On-Demand Access
Registration is complimentary, but you must register to attend.
One registration gives your entire credit union access to the on-demand recording until January 21, 2022.
Already registered? Go to the Online Training Center to view live.
Who Should Attend?
- NAFCU Certified Risk Managers (NCRMs)
- Chief Executive Officers (CEOs)
- Chief Operating Officers (COOs)
- Chief Lending Officers (CLOs)
- Chief Financial Officers (CFOs)
- Risk Titles
- NCRMs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.5 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Associate Director of Education, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: Identify when you need to shift from a reactive, continuity of operations focus, to proactive action and positioning, even when uncertainty persists. Understand several scenarios as to how the virus is likely to play out, and when we might be returning to “normal.” Recognize the opportunities this event has created for credit unions, how to resist the temptation to return to the “old ways.”
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.5 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge – Technical
National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.