Picturesque. Charming. Exciting. All these terms and more describe Savannah, Georgia. There's something for every taste, whether it's a horse-drawn carriage ride, a shopping expedition or a stroll among the amazing architecture of America's largest historic district. Did we say "taste?" Don't forget to enjoy plenty of delicious southern cooking! It’s all yours to discover in the city ranked the #3 best in the U.S. by both a Travel + Leisure reader survey and Conde Nast Traveler.
Conference Hotel: Hyatt Regency Savannah
2 W. Bay St., Savannah, GA, 31401
The Hyatt Regency Savannah is ideally located in the heart of the historic district, right next to River Street and along the scenic Savannah River. In fact, you can enjoy stunning river views over cocktails on Savannah's largest river-view balcony at the hotel's sophisticated lounge.
RESERVATIONS: Reserve your room online or call 877-803-7534 and reference "NAFCU" to get the attendee exclusive rate of $220 plus 13% tax, a $1 Savannah city fee and a $5 Georgia hotel tax, expiring September 8, 2019.
Deadline for Discounted Rate: September 8, 2019
NOTE: Room reservations and fees are the responsibility of the registered attendee. Room rates and availability are not guaranteed. Rooms may be sold out prior to the reservation deadline, so please make your reservations early.
Tax Exemption: Your credit union may be eligible for a tax exemption at the Hyatt Regency Savannah hotel.
Download the NCUA and Savannah tax exemption forms
Savannah International Airport is eight miles from the Hyatt Regency. The hotel provides ground transportation information.
Reservations and ticketing are available via www.delta.com/meetings or by calling our Delta Meeting Network Reservations at 800-328-1111. When booking online, select "Book Your Flight" and enter meeting code NY2N3 in the box provided.
Book online at www.united.com and enter your Offer Code ZGGW965268 in the offer code box when searching for your flights. If booking through a travel professional or United Meetings at 800-426-1122, please give them the following information: Agreement Code: 965268; Z Code: ZGGW.
Car Rental Discounts
Special discounted rates are available through AVIS and Budget. For AVIS, please visit the Avis website or call 800-331-1600 and give the NAFCU Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) code B469299. For Budget, please visit the Budget website or call 800-842-5628 and give the Budget Customer Discount (BCD) code Y305099.
Moss-draped live oaks and cobblestone streets live side-by-side with bustling new galleries and activities in Savannah. Here are some of our favorites:
- Cathedral of St. John the Baptist. Known as the “Sistine Chapel of the South,” its majestic peaks, painted ceilings and 81 ornate stained glass windows adorn a breathtaking example of Gothic architecture.
- American Prohibition Museum. Learn about rum runners, moonshine making, gangsters, flappers, speakeasies and why Savannah was referred to as “the Bootleg Spigot of the South.”
- Savannah City Market. A full city block, this lively marketplace is a popular spot for restaurants, art galleries, shopping and nightlife.
- Wormsloe Estate. The city’s oldest structure is accessed via a photo-ready path covered by ancient oak trees draped in dangling Spanish moss.
- Bonaventure Cemetery. Consistently ranked one of the most beautiful cemeteries in the world, its Victorian designs became famous after being featured in “Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.”
- City Squares. Savannah’s 22 squares were originally intended for fire prevention, but they also function as peaceful oases where you can learn history and enjoy the neighborhood atmosphere around them.
- River Street. Cobblestone streets are lined by old warehouses that are now part of a buzzing riverfront district filled with over 75 boutiques, galleries, bars and restaurants.
- Telfair Museums. The first public art museum in the southeast consists of two National Historic Landmark buildings, plus a contemporary landmark laden with modern art.