Credit unions face risks and challenges from a multitude of areas: physical and cyber security concerns, anti-money laundering and high-risk member activity, vendor management and data security, the rollout of new products and services, and utilizing dynamic fintech channels to deliver those products and services.
In this webinar, you will learn how to identify and assess the effects of risks on your credit union, get recommendations for implementing tools and controls to best protect your credit union. You will also walk through a basic BSA risk assessment that can be adapted to your credit union.
- Understanding the role that risk assessments serve in protecting your credit union
- Using the mitigating techniques that currently exist at your credit union
- Informing and assisting your senior management and board in setting risk tolerance
- Completing a BSA assessment
$295 Members | $395 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for CD)
One registration gives your entire credit union access to the on-demand recording until March 14, 2019.
Already registered? Go to the Online Training Center to view live.
Who Should Attend?
- Risk management staff
- Compliance and internal audit staff
- Staff responsible for BSA/AML compliance
- IT and IT security staff
- Open to all credit unions, regardless of membership or charter type!
- NCCOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCRMs can earn 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCBSOs can earn 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.5 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Education Manager, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: Understanding the role that risk assessments serve in protecting your credit union. Using the mitigating techniques that currently exist at your credit union. Informing and assisting your senior management and board in setting risk tolerance. Completing a BSA assessment.
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.5 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Management Services - Technical
National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.
To qualify for a refund, cancellations must be processed prior to the live webinar date. Cancellations can be processed after the live webinar date, but refunds will no longer be issued and transfers would only be considered. Please email NAFCU's Member Service Center with your request for cancellation to firstname.lastname@example.org.