Learn the purpose of the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (“NMLS”) and the SAFE Act, as well as the key elements of the “mortgage loan originator” (“MLO”) position. Gain a working knowledge of what activities define a MLO, the requirements to become a MLO and the use of “MLO” as a unique identifier.
- Identify which credit union employees must register as MLOs
- Learn the ins and outs of MLO registration
- Analyze how MLO registration impacts other aspects of your credit union
- Review SAFE Act regulations requirements
- Understand SAFE Act exceptions
$295 Members | $395 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for CD)
One registration gives your entire team access to the live webinar and on-demand recording until November 19, 2020
Already registered? Go to the Online Training Center to view.
Who Should Attend?
- NAFCU Certified Compliance Officers (NCCOs)
- NAFCU Certified Risk Managers (NCRMs)
- Mortgage Loan Originators (MLOs)
- NMLS titles
- Compliance staff
- Risk staff
- NCCOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCRMs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.5 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
Reviewer: Josie Collins, Associate Director of Education, NAFCU
Learning Objectives: Identify which credit union employees must register as MLOS. Learn the ins and outs of MLO registration. Analyze how MLO registration impacts other aspects of your credit union. Review SAFE Act regulations requirements. Understand SAFE Act exceptions.
Program Level: Basic
Prerequisites Needed: None
Advance Preparation Needed: None
Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
Recommended CPE Credits: 1.5 credits
Recommended Field of Study: Regulatory Ethics - Technical
National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.