Sasha Leonhardt, of Buckley LLP, will discuss regulatory and enforcement trends arising from the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) and the Military Lending Act (MLA), the two primary laws specifically aimed at protecting servicemembers’ financial health. Under both laws there has been a continued pattern of enforcement actions and private litigation, and under the MLA, 2020 particularly witnessed an increase in enforcement actions and litigation testing the bounds of the Department of Defense’s revised MLA rule. Because these laws can involve significant monetary penalties and substantial reputational exposure for lenders, this is an area where every credit union should understand the law. Webinar attendees will leave with a greater understanding of the SCRA’s and MLA’s requirements, as well as an awareness of key areas where credit unions can strengthen protections for servicemembers. This webinar will offer important insights for legal, compliance and servicing staff within your credit union.
- Understand the common—and not so common—ways the SCRA and MLA affect your credit union.
- Anticipate issues arising from servicemember’s accounts before they become pain points.
- Review real-world scenarios regarding SCRA and MLA compliance.
$295 Members | $395 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for CD)
One registration gives your entire credit union access to the on-demand recording until February 4, 2022.
Already registered? Go to the Online Training Center to view live.
Who Should Attend?
- NAFCU Certified Risk Managers (NCRMs)
- NAFCU Certified Compliance Officers (NCCOs)
- Compliance Titles
- Risk staff
- Staff Attorneys
- NCRMs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCCOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.5 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Associate Director of Education, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: Understand the common—and not so common—ways the SCRA and MLA affect your credit union. Anticipate issues arising from servicemember’s accounts before they become pain points. Review real-world scenarios regarding SCRA and MLA compliance.
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.5 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Regulatory Ethics – Technical
National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.