More consumers are turning to small dollar and short-term loans, and credit union members are increasingly looking to their credit union for financing. This increase in small dollar lending, as well as the perception that these products tend to carry more risk, have led to a parallel increase in regulatory attention. In addition to recent changes to NCUA rules governing small dollar loans, the CFPB appears poised to implement the payment-related provisions of its now-delayed Payday Lending Rule.
This webinar will provide you with a summary of the existing requirements, including the changes that became effective in December 2019, but will also detail potential changes that may be implemented later this year.
- Understand the current rules governing Payday Alternative Loans, including recent changes.
- Identify areas of compliance risk and ways to mitigate those risks.
- Anticipate they key features of these products that are likely to receive the most attention during an examination.
- Review the payment-related requirements of the CFPB’s now-delayed Payday Lending rule.
$295 Members | $395 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for CD)
One registration gives your entire credit union access to the on-demand recording until May 11, 2021.
Already registered? Go to the Online Training Center to view live.
Who Should Attend?
- NAFCU Certified Compliance Officers (NCCOs)
- NAFCU Certified Risk Managers (NCRMs)
- Compliance Staff
- Risk Staff
- Credit union staff attorneys
- NCCOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCRMs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.5 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Associate Director of Education, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: Understand the current rules governing Payday Alternative Loans, including recent changes. Identify areas of compliance risk and ways to mitigate those risks. Anticipate they key features of these products that are likely to receive the most attention during an examination. Review the payment-related requirements of the CFPB’s now-delayed Payday Lending rule.
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.5 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Regulatory Ethics - Technical
National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.