This webinar will cover NCUA’s new rule authorizing the issuance of subordinated debt by natural person credit unions for purposes of regulatory capital treatment. Previously only low-income credit unions could issue subordinated debt that can count toward their net worth requirement. Under the rule, complex credit unions and new credit unions, as well as low-income credit unions, may issue subordinated debt that can count toward their risk-based capital requirement. The webinar will address material terms of the rule and the subordinated debt instrument. We’ll also cover the regulatory approval process, eligible investors, the offering process, reasons to issue subordinated debt and the current interest rate environment.
- Understand managing the regulatory approval process.
- Gain familiarization with key terms of the subordinated debt note.
- Review the issuance and marketing process.
- Discuss current market dynamics for credit union sub debt.
$295 Members | $395 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for CD)
One registration gives your entire credit union access to the on-demand recording until February 25, 2022.
Already registered? Go to the Online Training Center to view live.
Who Should Attend?
- NAFCU Certified Compliance Officers (NCCOs)
- NAFCU Certified Risk Managers (NCRMs)
- Chief Executive Officers
- Executive Vice Presidents
- Chief Financial Officers
- NCCOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCRMs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.5 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Associate Director of Education, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: Understand managing the regulatory approval process. Gain familiarization with key terms of the subordinated debt note. Review the issuance and marketing process. Discuss current market dynamics for credit union sub debt.
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.5 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Finance - Technical
National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.