Concerns around data breaches and ongoing cybersecurity threats not to mention unintended access of member information has led to expanded Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) guidelines and the Automated Cybersecurity Assessment Tool (ACAT). The risks have never been greater nor the stakes so high. Instead of overspending on technology, you can leverage regulatory guidance and cybersecurity risk to move your institution’s strategic technology strategy forward.
This webinar will provide a baseline understanding of strategic considerations regarding strategies and regulatory guidelines for improving your credit unions strategic technology planning.
- Learn strategic planning fundamentals
- Identify projects within the ACAT which are applicable in all credit unions
- Understand how to use mock planning exercises to self-assess like an IT consultant
- Review proven strategies to accelerate new technology adoption
- Walk through key ACAT controls that should be part of your strategy
- Discuss how to align governance with business needs
- Learn how to leverage risk to drive CEO and Board approval of technology
$295 Members | $395 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for CD)
One registration gives your entire credit union access to the on-demand recording until May 9, 2020.
Already registered? Go to the Online Training Center to view live.
Who Should Attend?
- NAFCU Certified Compliance Officers (NCCOs)
- NAFCU Certified Risk Managers (NCRMs)
- Compliance staff
- Risk staff
- IT staff
- Open to all credit unions, regardless of membership or charter type!
- NCCOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCRMs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.5 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Education Manager, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: Learn strategic planning fundamentals. Identify projects within the ACAT which are applicable in all credit unions. Understand how to use mock planning exercises to self-assess like an IT consultant. Review proven strategies to accelerate new technology adoption. Walk through key ACAT controls that should be part of your strategy. Discuss how to align governance with business needs. Learn how to leverage risk to drive CEO and Board approval of technology.
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.5 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Regulatory Ethics - Technical
National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.