Credit unions rely on third party providers to augment their own resources for the most favorable business outcomes. Management of vendor relationships is imperative to the security and effectiveness of your credit union.
From initial engagement of potential vendors to the review of long standing relationships, vendor management plays an important role in ensuring your credit union receives the best possible solutions and services, in a secure manner and as conveyed in your agreements. This webinar will provide you with a fundamental understanding of the processes involved in vendor management.
- Review information, techniques and tools for enhancing your current vendor management processes
- Evaluate vendor selection criteria
- Discuss planning and preliminary assessments for potential vendors
- Understand how to negotiate the details of a product or service
- Best practices for identifying deficiencies
- Walk through an example of vendor management procedures
- Develop an understanding of compliance requirements in the management of vendor relationships
- Review special considerations for technology vendors
$295 Members | $395 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for CD)
One registration gives your entire credit union access to the on-demand recording until April 25, 2020.
Already registered? Go to the Online Training Center to view live.
Who Should Attend?
- NAFCU Certified Compliance Officers (NCCOs)
- NAFCU Certified Risk Managers (NCRMs)
- Compliance staff
- Risk staff
- Credit Union attorneys
- IT staff
- Open to all credit unions, regardless of membership or charter type!
- NCCOs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- NCRMs will receive 1.5 CEUs for participating in this webinar.
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.5 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Education Manager, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: Review information, techniques and tools for enhancing your current vendor management processes. Evaluate vendor selection criteria. Discuss planning and preliminary assessments for potential vendors. Understand how to negotiate the details of a product or service. Best practices for identifying deficiencies. Walk through an example of vendor management procedures. Develop an understanding of compliance requirements in the management of vendor relationships. Review special considerations for technology vendors.
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.5 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Management Services – Technical
National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Learn more.
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.