Show you firmly grasp the role of a credit union volunteer leader
Open to all credit union industry professionals.
Earn the powerful designation of NAFCU Certified Volunteer Expert (NCVE) to prove that you have a comprehensive understanding of your credit union volunteer role and how the credit union system works.
Your role as a credit union board or committee member usually doesn't come with a job description. Often, both new and seasoned directors and supervisory committee members can find themselves working through issues without a firm understanding of the rules of the game... but not when you're an NCVE.
Enhance your expertise in:
- The role of a corporate board
- The corporate governance of credit unions and how credit union officials fit
- Fiduciary duties
- The credit union board's role in risk and compliance management
- NCUA expectations and the exam process
- The Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
- The inner workings of the credit union industry
- Key financial ratios that every volunteer should understand