5 Tips to become a strong leader amid crisis
The emergence of the coronavirus pandemic has tested our leadership abilities. As leaders, we often find ourselves taking on new job responsibilities during times of crisis.
Wise leaders look over the horizon to anticipate challenges, which is why Vice Admiral Sandra Stosz offers these 5 tips to become a strong leader in the face of great challenges.
- Look: Walk around the office or workspace to see what is going on and talk with people. This is a great way to build trust and motivate employees.
- Listen: Don’t be afraid to listen. Ask people questions, and then really listen to what they have to say.
- Learn: Strive to understand what motivates each person. Recognize that what works for one may not be the best fit for another.
- Leverage: Use your learns to develop a vision and mission, and implement it. Trust in you will grow as your vision becomes actionable.
- Lead: Once you look, listen, learn, and leverage – leading will follow in short order.
These insights from Vice Admiral Sandra Stosz will help all of us lead our teams better.
Follow me on Twitter (@BDanBerger).