Five ways to shift your daily energy
As leaders, it can become dull to go through our daily routines and doing the same tasks each day. On top of keeping ourselves lifted, we’re also expected to boost morale for those in our organizations. Luckily, there are some tricks on how we, as leaders, can shift our energy to help ourselves and our organizations become productive, well-oiled machines.
According to a recent post on Dan Rockwell’s Leadership Freak blog, he describes five ways to energize your day, including:
- shifting your thinking about challenges by determining what progress looks like today and simplifying what matters to you that day;
- establishing a routine and keeping focus consistent through morning and evening activities;
- breaking a routine occasionally to avoid monotony and getting too “stuck” in your own ways;
- finishing everything on your to-do list for each day to avoid tripping on tomorrow’s challenges; and
- rejecting frivolous optimism by reminding yourself that there will be some tough days to do your job.
Energy is contagious. If you’re not on it – no one will be. By incorporating these practices into our daily mindsets, we will be able to help ourselves become more productive while also motivating those in our organizations to do the same.