Leadership is Contagious
Changes in organizations can happen overtime, and that begins with its leaders. Bad habits from the top can trickle down and values can become compromised, resulting in the organization changing for the worst. To be a great leader, it is important to recognize the values that result in positive behavior from those in the organization.
In a recent article from Lolly Daskal, she discusses some ways in which leaders can ensure they are spreading only good qualities to their organizations:
- Be consistent and predictable: To be trusted and respected, people need to know that they can count on you to be consistent.
- Remain true to your values: Let people know what you stand for, and act on those values every day to make sure people understand.
- Evaluate your communications: Being a leader requires frequent communication, and people are quick to judge based on those interactions. Think about what you’re saying, and how you’re saying it.
- Embody positivity: Integrating positive remarks and insights into the organization will promote a positive mindset; and therefore, a positive organization.
- Lead from within: Find the qualities within yourself that make you a great leader and move forward with that. People will be drawn to you if you are your authentic self in the process.