The revised California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), which was amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA), went into effect on January 1, 2023. Businesses and personal information that were exempt from the CCPA are now subject to the CCPA. For example, information that was exempt because of the business-to-business exemption and/or the employee exemption are now subject to the CCPA. In this webinar, A Guide to the CCPA/CCPRA: Transforming the Privacy and Security Landscape, Buckley attorneys Amanda Lawrence and Sherry Safchuk will discuss the CPRA amendments, the proposed implementing regulations, and some CCPA/CPRA challenges that businesses have been facing. You’ll also explore topics that include preparing disclosures, honoring consumer rights, advertising concerns, and service-provider and third-party relationship considerations.
- Delve into the changes to the CCPA because of the passage of the CPRA
- Review the impact of the proposed implementing regulations
- Identify and discuss implementation issues
- Examine CCPA enforcement
$295 Members | $395 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for USB)
One registration gives your entire team access to the live webinar and on-demand recording until January 10, 2024.
Go to the Online Training Center to access the webinar after purchase »
Who Should Attend?
- NCCOs and compliance titles
- NCRMs and risk titles
- NCCOs will receive 1.0 CEUs for participating in this webinar
- NCRMs will recieve 1.0 CEUs for participating in this webinar
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.0 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Associate Director of Education, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: See key takeaways
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.0 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Regulatory Ethics – Technical
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.