Board of Directors and Supervisory Committee Conference is Canceled
NAFCU’s executives have been meeting daily to discuss COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, to evaluate what we are hearing from the industry and guidance from the CDC. There is a lot of uncertainty still with what will happen with the virus. As a result, we have made the decision to cancel this year’s Board of Directors & Supervisory Committee Conference, April 27-30 in San Francisco, Ca.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we have been closely observing this situation from the start. For the latest coronavirus updates, visit our website to view developments, resources, and more.
We will miss seeing all of you in April.
Here is what needs to happen next with your hotel, flight, and registration:
- Your registration options:
- Transfer your registration to another conference in 2020 or 2021. We will know more about the dates and locations of the 2021 Board of Directors & Supervisory CommitteeConference in April if you’d like to wait to make that decision and will contact you then if we haven’t heard from you.
- Cancel with a full refund.
Please call or email us if you’d like to transfer or cancel now (email@example.com or 800.344.5580). Otherwise we will contact you in April with details about the 2021 event.
- Hotel: The Westin St. Francis San Francisco will cancel all individual room reservations booked within the NAFCU block. If you have booked within the block, you will receive a confirmation email from the hotel confirming your room cancellation. If your room was booked through a separate booking agency or under a spouse or guest’s name, or if you do not receive cancellation confirmation, please reach out to the hotel directly to confirm at 1-888-627-8546.
- Flight: Flight reservations must be canceled by the individual who originally booked the ticket. Refunds or fee waivers vary with each airline, who will also determine whether they will issue credits for a canceled ticket.
Additionally, we are in the process of creating opportunities to deliver education on session topics through webinars and other digital formats over the next several months, so please watch your email for details on additional programming options.
If you have any questions or need assistance with your registration details, please reach out to Chief Operating Officer Anthony Demangone at firstname.lastname@example.org or call NAFCU’s Member Services team at 800.344.5580, or email email@example.com.
Develop More Effective Credit Union Board and Supervisory Skills
Set the tone for your credit union's success. At NAFCU’s Board of Directors and Supervisory Committee Conference in San Francisco, CA, April 27 – 30, you’ll get a current view of the industry, regulations, technology and more—all so you can execute your responsibilities even more efficiently and effectively. You’ll connect to new knowledge in a city best known for its 1.7-mile connection: the Golden Gate Bridge. At each end lies hip neighborhoods, innovative companies, exhilarating hills, and some of California’s most beautiful sites. No wonder the city has broken tourism records for 9 straight years!
Coronavirus Update: View NAFCU's statement on coronavirus.
- NAFCU Certified Volunteer Expert (NCVE) certification by passing the exam after the optional, free pre-conference workshop. Or recertify just by attending the conference!
- NAFCU training certificates in financial literacy, supervisory committee know-how, and the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
- Critical knowledge to protect and empower yourself in your role
- Up-to-date information on how regulations, policies, technology and more are impacting the credit union industry
- Invaluable discussions on succession planning, overcoming common board and supervisory pitfalls, and millennial engagement at the board level
- An expanded network of fellow board and supervisory committee members
Who should attend:
- Exclusively for credit union volunteer officials
- CEOs and staff should not attend, allowing all board and supervisory committee members to expand their skills and discuss challenges in an open environment.
- All credit unions are welcome—special rate for members!