Take a break from politicking and enjoy Capitol Hill, teeming with acclaimed restaurants and a vibrant social scene. Patronize one of the District’s many performing arts venues, check out any number of impressive museums, or find out why Ben’s Chili Bowl is so famous. There’s no better time to discover it all than September in Washington, DC. No wonder it’s ranked a Best Place to Visit in the USA by U.S. News and World Report!
Conference Hotel: Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill
400 New Jersey Ave., NW Washington, DC 20001 | 202.737.1234 (press 2 for guest room reservations)
Situated three short blocks from the inspiring Capitol Building, the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill has a dazzling, modern atrium that is regularly abuzz with political activity. Tree-lined New Jersey Avenue is also an easy walk to the National Mall, the Supreme Court, Library of Congress, scores of national museums, impressive monuments, and more.
RESERVATIONS: Rooms are only $324 plus 14.95% tax at the discounted NAFCU rate, expiring August 18, 2023. Call the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill at 202.737.1234 (press 2 for guest room reservations) and mention “NAFCU”. Hotel Reservation Link Coming Soon!
Deadline for Discounted Rate: August 18, 2023
NOTE: Room reservations and fees are the responsibility of the registered attendee. Room rates and availability are not guaranteed. Rooms may be sold out prior to the reservation deadline, so please make your reservations early.
Your credit union may be eligible for a tax exemption at this hotel.
Washington, D.C. is served by three major airports: Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) is the closest major airport to the conference; Dulles International Airport (IAD) is 31.5 miles west of the hotel; and Baltimore-Washington Airport (BWI) is 32.1 miles north. The conference hotel provides ground transportation information.
Car Rental Discounts
Special NAFCU-discounted travel rates are available.
- For AVIS Car Rental, visit the Avis website or call 800-331-1600 and give the NAFCU Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) code B469200.
- For Budget Car Rental, visit the Budget website or call 800-842-5628 and give the Budget Customer Discount (BCD) code Y305000.
Book online at united.com/meetingtravel and enter your Offer Code ZKUK195681 in the offer code box when searching for your flights. If booking through a travel professional or United Meetings at 800-426-1122, please give them the following information: Agreement Code: 195681; Z Code: ZKUK.
Delta Air Lines is pleased to offer special discounts for National Association of Federally-Insured Credit Unions. Please click here to book your flights!
You may also call Delta Meeting Network® at 1.800.328.1111* Monday–Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. (CT) and refer to Meeting Event Code NMVHF
*Please note there is no service fee for reservations booked and ticketed via the reservation 800 number.
- Pentagon Tour: A one-hour tour through the headquarters of the U.S. Department of Defense, including military displays and the chapel dedicated to the 9/11 attack.
- National Mall: Wander in and out of the free Smithsonian museums. Plus, take a spin on the carousel, break for superior people-watching, or stroll among magnificent sculptures.
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial: A powerful memorial; walking along the black wall of 58,000 names is a profound experience.
If there's one town that offers a totally unique dining environment, it's Washington, D.C. You could be rubbing elbows with dignitaries, members of Congress or even the First Family of the United States. Everyone wants to experience D.C.'s burgeoning restaurant scene.
- Old Ebbitt Grill: Located steps from the White House means this restaurant—open since 1856—is a frequent stop for Secret Service agents and top White House officials.
- BLT Prime by David Burke: Located inside the Trump International Hotel, high-ranking members of the Administration are regularly spotted at this esteemed steakhouse (and several live in the hotel above!)
- Le Diplomate: Ivanka Trump and Michelle Obama have regularly been spotted at this hip French bistro, located in one of D.C.'s trendiest neighborhoods.
- Mintwood Place: Learn the definition of "surprise and delight"—the chef loves surprising diners with complimentary dishes and garnishes. It's why former President Obama and the First Lady celebrated their anniversary here.
- Maketto: With pork bao buns and other delights, this pan-Asian restaurant, helmed by one of D.C.'s most heralded chefs, will whisk your palette to a night market in Taipei.
- Seasons: Power meals are sacrosanct in this Georgetown spot where Washington's business elite enjoy meals before strolling the neighborhood's quaint streets.
- Bourbon Steak: A chic, modern steakhouse featuring everything from oak-fired prime steak to duck fat fries.
- Art and Soul: Located directly across from Congressional Caucus, you'll find upscale southern food and an expansive outdoor seating area with Capitol views.
- Filomena: Decorated in Old World style, this Italian restaurant's delicious taste and huge portions have made Zagat name it one of the "Top Italian Restaurants in America."