Both credit union and bank credit card issuers are under intense pressure from various sources, including competitor innovation, significant internal resource commitments, increasing operating expenses, uncertain regulatory and economic environments and a variety of capital and liquidity constraints. This has led to about 80% of all banks offering credit cards under an ‘agent issuing’ model, where a third-party issues credit cards under the financial institution’s name. While hundreds of credit unions do the same, and interest in this option has increased in the last two years, the majority of credit unions still own and manage this product themselves. Deciding whether this option can meet strategic, financial and member needs can be difficult to untangle. In this webinar, Understanding Credit Card Portfolio Sales & Agent Programs, you’ll delve into the structure of such programs, the financial and risk-profile impacts of such a decision, the contractual commitments required of both parties and discover evaluation tips and processes for any credit union that would like to evaluate this path.
- Discover the structure of the agent issuing concept and obligations of both parties
- Understand the financial impact of entering such a program to the balance sheet, income statement, and critical performance ratios
- Ascertain the impacts to members, including both positive and negative possibilities
- Review the accompanying contractual structures and key considerations
- Develop an evaluation process that best protects the credit union’s financial and other outcomes
$295 Members | $395 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for USB)
One registration gives your entire team access to the live webinar and on-demand recording until September 22, 2024.
Go to the Online Training Center to access the webinar after purchase »
Who Should Attend
- NCCOs and compliance titles
- NCRMs and risk titles
- General counsel staff
- NCCOs will receive 1.0 CEUs for participating in this webinar
- NCRMs will recieve 1.0 CEUs for participating in this webinar
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.0 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Senior Associate Director of Education, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: See key takeaways
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.0 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Regulatory Ethics – Technical
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, DC. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.