While checks may be considered an outdated method of payment by some, check fraud is soaring and the laws applicable to checks can be confusing. In this session—Check Fraud - Who Bears the Risk?—you’ll analyze the law applicable to forgeries, stolen and lost checks, fraudulent indorsements, and other situations that may arise. This includes examining liability as it relates to checks.
- Review the Uniform Commercial Code as it relates to checks
- Examine liability in various sample check hypotheticals
- Understand the legal requirements placed on consumers and credit unions
$295 Members | $395 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for USB)
One registration gives your entire team access to the live webinar and on-demand recording until October 31, 2024.
Go to the Online Training Center to access the webinar after purchase »
Who Should Attend
- NCCOs and compliance titles
- NCRMs and risk titles
- NCBSOs and BSA titles
- Legal staff
- NCCOs will receive 1.0 CEUs for participating in this webinar
- NCRMs will recieve 1.0 CEUs for participating in this webinar
- NCBSOs will recieve 1.0 CEUs for participating in this webinar
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, DC. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.