Thursday Afternoon Tours
Exceptional experiences await you in Long Beach, California! Our attendee tour options include the best of the city. Attendees/spouses/guests/vendors can select one of two tours per person for Thursday afternoon, June 29, but space is limited so sign up now!
Pricing: $250 for Scenic Long Beach Cruise, $55 for Aquarium of the Pacific
Note: Existing conference registrants can add these tours to their registration by emailing Member Service or calling 800.344.5580.
Board the luxury yacht the Sir Winston—the biggest boat in Long Beach. Guests will be awed by the spectacular views of Long Beach and other beautiful landmarks. Linger on the open decks or enjoy comfortable indoor seating. All while eating heavy hors d'oeuvres that can fill you up and sipping from an open bar.
This cruise is ADA accessible. The boat has a ramp to get onto the boat and 4 levels with an elevator to get to levels 2-4. The 4th level is open-air.
- 3:15 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.: Motor coaches pick up from each conference hotel
- 3:20 p.m. to 3:50 p.m.: Motor coaches drop everyone off
- 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.: Cruise
- 6:00 p.m. to 6:15 p.m.: Motor coaches to pick up and drop everyone back off at each conference hotel
Pricing: Additional Fee of $250 per person
The Aquarium of the Pacific is on the list of 2022 TripAdvisor Must-See Places. Attendees and spouses/guests will explore the cold-water habitats of the Northern Pacific Gallery to meet playful sea otters, diving birds, sea jellies, giant spider crabs, and other animals. Travel through the Tropical Pacific Gallery to see colorful fish and other species that inhabit those warm tropical waters. Also in the Southern California/Baja Gallery is the 211,000-gallon Seal and Sea Lion Habitat.
Since COVID, docent-lead tours are not being operated in the aquarium, which means everyone will walk around without a tour guide.
- 3:30 p.m. to 3:50 p.m.: Motor coaches pick up from each conference hotel
- 3:45 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.: Motor coaches drop everyone off
- 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.: Self-guided tour of the Aquarium
- 6:00 p.m. to 6:15 p.m.: Motor coaches to pick up and drop everyone back off at each conference hotel (Note: Aquarium closes at 6:00 p.m.)
Pricing: Additional Fee of $55 per person