Charleston, South Carolina
Rich in history and culture, Charleston, South Carolina has been voted America’s #1 small city, ten years and counting. Known for its cobblestone streets, horse-drawn carriages, and some of the dreamiest architecture in the world, the city is brimming with southern hospitality and charm. Experience some of the best American southern cuisine, take a walk along the battery under blue skies, or enjoy an evening out at a speakeasy for classy cocktails. Whatever way you choose to spend your time here, the most universally recommended experiences can become your own!
205 Meeting St., Charleston, SC 29401
An iconic landmark in the heart of Charleston’s historic district, The Charleston Place stirs the senses and lives forever of all who come to know her. Redefining the legendary service, experiences – and city - with renewed passion, purpose, and intention. Find peace, pleasure and pure bliss in spaces designed to enhance and nurture physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being. Plus, you’ll be mere steps from some of the city’s best independent shops, museums, restaurants, and the Charleston City Market. An array of local beaches, including Folly Beach, Sullivan’s Island, Isle of Palms, Kiawah Island, and Seabrook Island are just minutes away.
RESERVATIONS: Rooms are only $360 plus 14% tax and $2 destination marketing fee at the discounted NAFCU rate, expiring April 12, 2023. Reserve your room(s) at the NAFCU rate online or call The Charleston Place at 800-611-5545 and mention “NAFCU.”
Deadline for Discounted Rate: April 12, 2023
NOTE: Room reservations and fees are the responsibility of the registered attendee. Room rates and availability are not guaranteed. Rooms may be sold out prior to the reservation deadline, so please make your reservations early.
Your credit union may be eligible for a tax exemption at the conference hotel.
Charleston is known for its food; everything from Lowcountry traditions to modern delights. Jason Lee, President/CEO of REV FCU, recommends these local restaurant favorites while you’re in Charleston for NAFCU’s CEOs and Senior Executives Conference.
Jason Lee's Top Eateries
- 167 Raw: This New England Style Oyster Bar is located in the heart of Charleston minutes from the Charleston Place hotel. Serving up fan favorites from the Raw Bar to the Caviar Service, this establishment will certainly not disappoint any self-professed foodie.
- Church and Union: New American dining meets refurbished Church in this Charleston staple. Church and Union is renowned for offering a casual, yet refined dining experience with a sophisticated ambiance complimented by chapters from Sun Tzu’s “Art of War” depicted across the ceiling.
- FIG: Known for its elevated twist on Southern classics, FIG is a Charleston staple that serves up local ingredients in a comfortable bistro setting. If you want to visit this gem, you’ll certainly want to book your reservation well ahead of your trip to avoid missing out.
- Halls Chophouse: Halls Chophouse is an American-Fine Dining experience. This Charleston eatery prides itself on serving prime steaks, regional and fresh seafood specialties in an energetic, visually striking environment.
- Husk: Located in a restored Victorian-era home minutes from the bustling sidewalks of historic King St., Husk offers a transformative Southern dining experience. Originally featured on Food Network, this local establishment is known for its imaginative dishes built on a foundation of locally sourced items. Whether you’re looking for a high-quality burger at the bar, or a Southern favorite such Fried Chicken Skins with Pimento Cheese “Ranch” and Scallions, then Husk has you covered.
- Leon’s: Located in a re-purposed auto body shop, Leon’s is an award-winning eatery serving up Southern-style seafood, fried chicken, and a selection of oysters in a relaxed environment.
- Rodney Scott’s BBQ: Famed Pitmaster and James Beard Award Winner, Rodney Scott’s BBQ is a Charleston staple. This local eatery serves up whole hogs, pulled pork, brisket, spare ribs, smoked sausage, and a slew of Southern sides.
- Tavern & Table: A brief Uber or Lyft ride across the iconic Cooper River Bridge will take you to a local hot spot, Shem Creek. Located on the Creek, Tavern & Table serves up fine dining paired with casual hospitality. Whether you’re craving a Charcuterie board, a seafood platter, or the dry-aged duck, Tavern & Table has you covered.
- Tempest: Your visit to the Holy City wouldn’t be complete without a stop at Tempest. This local eatery is known for its seasonal, locally sourced seafood delicacies and robust wine list.
- The Watch: The Holy City is renowned for its Roof Top bars, and the views from The Watch are certainly at the top of that list. Enjoy delicious cocktails, shareable bites, and signature dishes while taking in the stunning views of the Charleston peninsula. Pro Tip: Kickoff your happy hour visits with the Truffle Fries and a glass of bubbles.
From 167 Raw in Charleston, SC
The Charleston Place is within 20 minutes' drive of Charleston International Airport.
Car Rental Discounts
Special discounted rates are available through AVIS and Budget. For AVIS, please visit the Avis website or call 800.698.5685 and give the NAFCU Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) code B469200. For Budget, please visit the Budget website or call 800.455.2848 and give the NAFCU Budget Customer Discount (BCD) code Y305099.
Delta Air Lines is pleased to offer special discounts for National Association of Federally-Insured Credit Unions. Please click here to book your flights!
You may also call Delta Meeting Network® at 1.800.328.1111* Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. (EST) and refer to Meeting Event Code NY285
*Please note there is no service fee for reservations booked and ticketed via our reservation 800 number.
Book online at united.com/meetingtravel and enter your Offer Code ZMYU 105511 in the offer code box when searching for your flights. If booking through a travel professional or United Meetings at 800-426-1122, please give them the following information: Agreement Code: 105511; Z Code: ZMYU.