In this webinar, Regulators Scrutinizing So Called "Junk" Fees, you’ll explore the amorphous topic of “junk fees” presented by partners from the law firm of Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP. From the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to State Attorneys General, and even to the President of the United States himself, so-called “junk fees” have attracted significant regulatory and legislative scrutiny recently. You’ll discover what a junk fee is, how to identify a junk fee, the history of junk fee enforcement and regulation, and how this scrutiny may ultimately impact federally insured credit unions.
- Obtain a framework to identify and consider whether particular fees are likely to be considered “junk” fees
- Examine the increasing regulatory, enforcement, and litigation risk surrounding junk fees
- Unearth the current status of the proposed Junk Fees Prevention Act and consider reputational/media risk associated with claims regarding junk fees
- Learn how to evaluate your current fee offerings—both in light of current risks, as well as future expectations regarding junk fees
$295 Members | $395 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for USB)
One registration gives your entire team access to the live webinar and on-demand recording until September 8, 2024.
Go to the Online Training Center to access the webinar after purchase »
Who Should Attend
- NCCOs and compliance titles
- NCRMs and risk titles
- Legal staff
- NCCOs will receive 1.0 CEUs for participating in this webinar
- NCRMs will recieve 1.0 CEUs for participating in this webinar
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.0 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Senior Associate Director of Education, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: See key takeaways
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.0 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Regulatory Ethics – Technical
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, DC. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.