NCUA’s new expulsion rules created fundamental shifts in long-standing rules for federal credit unions (FCUs). Members who exhibit abusive or violent behavior, and members who engage in fraudulent activity, have long been difficult to deal with under prior expulsion paradigms. The new rules create important tools for FCUs to deal with problem members, which can’t be implemented on a “one-off” basis—preparation will be key to being able to use these new powers.
In this webinar, Working With the Member Expulsion Final Rule, you’ll explore how to implement the new member expulsion and limitation of services rules for FCUs, including optimal ways to include member notices and key provisions in member materials. This includes learning about the specific procedures necessary to expel members and the limitations of these new powers. You’ll also discover additional tools available under new NCUA clarifications in the rule.
- Identify the revisions necessary in bylaws and member materials to implement the rule
- Learn about waterfall approaches to balance credit union needs and member rights
- Understand procedures for communications and board votes
- Hear about operational flexibility and tools that credit unions can implement before board involvement
$295 Members | $395 Nonmembers
(Additional $50 for USB)
One registration gives your entire team access to the live webinar and on-demand recording until September 20, 2024.
Go to the Online Training Center to access the webinar after purchase »
Who Should Attend
- Compliance and risk titles
- NCCOs will receive 1.0 CEUs for participating in this webinar
- NCRMs will recieve 1.0 CEUs for participating in this webinar
- CPA credit information is below; recommended 1.0 CPE credits.
CPA Certification Credit Information
- Reviewer: Josie Collins, Senior Associate Director of Education, NAFCU
- Learning Objectives: See key takeaways
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites Needed: None
- Advance Preparation Needed: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE Credits: 1.0 credits
- Recommended Field of Study: Regulatory Ethics – Technical
About Our Webinars
Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, DC. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer.