Be Intentional; This Week's Reading Pile
Written by Anthony Demangone, Powered by NAFCU
I was at NAFCU’s Management and Leadership Institute yesterday. We all talked about being intentional.
I’m sure many of us want to be seen as kind, thoughtful, responsive and professional. But are we intentional about this in the things we do? Our emails? Our conversations? Our actions? And consistent?
It is difficult. The world throws a lot at us each day. But those that are intentional and consistent amid the turmoil really impress me. Just some Friday food for thought.
Now, on to this week’s reading pile!
- Constructing care: How your customers know they matter. (Forbes)
- American have never been wealthier & no one is happy. (AWOCS)
- Car owners fall behind on payments at highest rate on record. (Bloomberg)
- A few laws of getting rich. (Collaborative Fund)
- Goldman’s 2024 Housing Forecast. (Calculated Risk)
- CFPB issues 1033 proposal on data rights, open banking. (NAFCU Today) This feels very, very big to me.
- The Library Map. (The Library Map)
- The best inventions of 2023. (Time)
- If I don’t do it, who will? (Shep Hyken)
- Data on new home sales. (Calculated Risk)
- Average net worth by age. (Dollars and Data) People always want to know how they are doing compared to their neighbor. Info like this is helpful, and interesting for blog posts, newsletters, etc.
About the Author
Anthony Demangone, NCCO is Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer at NAFCU, where he oversees day-to-day operations and manages the association's education, marketing, membership, human resources, building facilities, finance and information technology functions. He also authors NAFCU's executive blog, Musings from the CU Suite and co-authored "Managing and Leading Well," a book for credit union leaders, with NAFCU President and CEO Dan Berger.