Board Resource and This Week's Reading Pile
Written by Anthony Demangone, Powered by NAFCU
Shameless plug time. Hey, we gotta pay the light bill.
At NAFCU, we are unwavering in our commitment to fortifying credit unions, which is why we're delighted to offer each of our valued members a complimentary PDF copy of the 2023 Credit Union Director Handbook. This exceptional resource is a treasure trove of CU insights, providing clear explanations of your board's fiduciary responsibilities, essential financial ratios, their pivotal role in risk and compliance, BSA guidelines, NCUA expectations, and so much more.
Prefer the feel of paper? We've got you covered! Printed copies are also available.
- New AI Use: Would you like fries with that? (WSJ)
- Inconvenient! (Godin)
- 5 things clients won’t tell you before they leave. (Salon Today) Salon Today? Yep! I’m not sure everything in this article translates, but I do think some of it absolutely does.
- Engagement is your ultimate goal, not customer experience. (FB)
- Consumer sentiment is low. That’s good for stocks. (Morningstar)
- Q2 GDP is tracking at 1.5%. (Calculated Risk)
About the Author
Anthony Demangone, NCCO is Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer at NAFCU, where he oversees day-to-day operations and manages the association's education, marketing, membership, human resources, building facilities, finance and information technology functions. He also authors NAFCU's executive blog, Musings from the CU Suite and co-authored "Managing and Leading Well," a book for credit union leaders, with NAFCU President and CEO Dan Berger.