NAFCU recognizes 2021 Annual Award winners for outstanding industry achievements
NAFCU has announced the eight winners of its 2021 Annual Awards, which honor member credit unions and credit union professionals and volunteers for excellence and achievement in the industry. This year's awards recognized the CEO of the Year, Professional of the Year, Volunteer of the Year, and Credit Union of the Year in each of two asset-size categories: $250 million or less, and more than $250 million.
"This year's award winners have truly exemplified the credit union mission. Over the past year, they provided pivotal services to their communities as the nation faced financial hardships associated with the coronavirus pandemic," says NAFCU Awards Committee Chair Melanie Kennedy, president and CEO of Southwest Financial Federal Credit Union. "NAFCU is honored to recognize these winners for representing the credit union industry and providing immeasurable support to both their communities and credit union members."
Award winners are listed below; they will also be featured in the upcoming September-October ;edition of The NAFCU Journal.
CEO of the Year
- Paula Lehn, FAST Federal Credit Union ($250 million or less)
- Chris Rutledge, Gulf Winds Credit Union (more than $250 million)
Professional of the Year
- Armand Parvazi, New Orleans Firemen's Federal Credit Union ($250 million or less)
- Julie Gamblin, True Sky Credit Union (more than $250 million)
Volunteer of the Year
- Myles Dunn, Local 804 Federal Credit Union ($250 million or less)
- Anthony Taylor, Ascend Federal Credit Union (more than $250 million)
Credit Union of the Year
- New Orleans Firemen's Federal Credit Union ($250 million or less)
- Michigan First Credit Union (more than $250 million)
Award winners will also be recognized during next month's Congressional Caucus, where attendees will connect with lawmakers and regulators on key credit union issues. Registration is available online. See the full agenda here.
Back to Basics: Share Insurance
Get daily updates.
Subscribe to NAFCU today.