Pentegra Retirement Services is NAFCU Services' Preferred Partner for qualified retirement plans for credit unions and their employees. With more than 75 years of experience in managing retirement programs, Pentegra offers deep industry knowledge and insights in developing credit union–focused retirement plan solutions designed to attract, retain and reward the talent to ensure your success.
An independent organization, today Pentegra manages over 4,000 retirement plans and more than $13 billion in assets under management. We’re focused on bringing value-added retirement plan capabilities to credit unions that are usually available only to large corporate and public retirement plans.
Pentegra’s retirement programs are designed to help credit unions improve retirement plan effectiveness, attract and retain quality employees and build a competitive advantage with unique retirement plan solutions designed exclusively for your industry. Pentegra offers the added advantage of more than 70+ years of community-based financial institution retirement plan “best practices” and a user-board of directors comprised of clients—delivering a level of retirement plan governance and oversight that is unmatched.
Products and Services
Pentegra offers a comprehensive array of qualified retirement plan and fiduciary outsourcing solutions, with expertise in all plan types including:
Multiple Employer Plans and Group Trusts, 401(k) plans, Defined Benefit Pension plans, Cash Balance plans, 412(e)(3) Fully Insured Defined Benefit plans, Split Funded Defined Benefit plans, Profit Sharing plans, Age-Weighted plans, New Comparability plans, 403(b) plans, 401(a) plans, Section 79 plans, Non-qualified Executive Benefit and Director plans, 701.19 plans and a full array of Third Party Administrative services.
Pentegra also offers the ability for credit unions to ‘private label’ retirement plans for their members.
With every retirement solution, we bring the same focus—relieving credit unions of the fiduciary and administrative burdens that come with sponsoring a retirement plan. Pentegra’s multiple employer plans, the Pentegra Defined Benefit Plan for Financial Institutions, and its companion program, the Pentegra Defined Contribution Plan for Financial Institutions, with approximately $5.1 billion in assets, are among the largest retirement plans in the nation. These plans are unique in the industry, offering credit unions the ability to outsource primary fiduciary responsibility for the management of their retirement programs.
With more than 70 years of industry knowledge and insights gained working with credit unions nationwide, Pentegra’s retirement plan solutions are designed to help you deliver successful retirement plan outcomes for your organization and your employees.
- Over 70 years of experience in designing retirement plans for financial institutions
- One of the nation’s most experienced fiduciary service providers
- The ability to fulfill all three of the principal roles in a retirement plan—as an ERISA 402(a) Named Fiduciary, as a 3(16)(A) Plan Administrator, and as Trustee, whether as a fully discretionary trustee with sole authority over plan assets or as a directed trustee
- User Board of Directors delivers an unparalleled level of governance and oversight
- Independent, unbiased approach
- Customized Multiple Employer Plan (MEP) solutions, with a wide range of plan design provisions, investments, and service provider arrangements (bundled or unbundled)