About the Webinar
Benefit Liability Management isn’t a new concept in the credit union industry, but the current financial environment is prompting many credit unions to take a second look at it. Sometimes called Benefits Pre-funding, it is simply purchasing an otherwise impermissible investment to offset employee and executive benefit expenses. Before implementing Benefit Liability Management, several key questions must be considered. While there is no right or wrong answer, it’s important to note that each credit union must carefully decide what’s appropriate for their particular situation and their membership. Join this webinar for an overview of Benefit Liability Management and discussion of these key considerations:
1. Which otherwise impermissible investment is right for my credit union?
2. What investment options are available?
3. What is the accounting treatment?
4. What compliance review is needed?
5. Is it necessary to use a firm to implement benefit liability management?