8 premier NAFCU conferences open for registration
Although NAFCU's Board of Directors and Supervisory Committee Conference, which starts Monday in Newport, R.I., is sold out, credit union leaders have eight more opportunities this year to take advantage of NAFCU's industry-leading programming.
NAFCU's Board of Directors and Supervisory Committee Conference gives credit union volunteers the leadership skills and knowledge to ensure effective execution of board and supervisory duties. The conference features a pre-conference workshop and sessions to attain NAFCU training certificates and the NAFCU Certified Volunteer Expert (NCVE) designation. Get updates on the conference from NAFCU Today and follow #CUBoards on Twitter. Registration for next year's committee will open soon.
NAFCU's remaining 2018 conference schedule includes:
- NAFCU's 51st Annual Conference and Solutions Expo, June 19-22 in Seattle, Wash.: The industry's premier strategic planning event for credit union executives and board members features three days of high-quality content, each focused on a different angle of strategic planning. Throughout the conference, credit union attendees will hear from more than 50 industry experts during more than 40 sessions in a carefully curated agenda. To learn more about the conference and register, click here.
- BSA Seminar, Aug. 12-15 in Denver, Colo.: This seminar is designed by leading BSA authorities and will review the latest trends in money laundering and best practices to help credit union compliance officers better protect their organizations. Attendees will also have the opportunity to earn the NAFCU Certified Bank Secrecy Officer (NCBSO) designation; current NCBSOs can recertify by attending. Credit unions can save $200 off registration with the code BSASAVINGS through June 15.
- Risk Management Seminar, Aug. 13-15 in Denver, Colo.: This seminar will help attendees stay on top of emerging risks and threats and provide the tools needed to improve a credit union's risk management program. This conference is the only place to earn the impressive NAFCU Certified Risk Manager (NCRM) designation; current NCRMs can recertify by attending. Credit unions can save $200 off registration with the code RISKSAVINGS through June 15.
- Congressional Caucus, Sept. 11-14 in Washington, D.C.: NAFCU's credit union lobbying event of the year features a strong lineup of speakers, including senators, representatives, key administration officials and federal regulators who will discuss with attendees the important legislative and regulatory issues facing the industry. During last year's Caucus, attendees held more than 200 meetings on Capitol Hill. Credit unions can save $200 off registration with the code CAUCUSAVINGS through July 20.
- Fall Regulatory Compliance School, Oct. 8-12 in San Antonio, Texas: NAFCU's Regulatory Compliance Schools are so popular the association now holds two each year to meet demand. During the Fall Regulatory Compliance School, attendees will dive into the core compliance knowledge needed to keep their credit union up-to-date in the ever-changing regulatory and legislative environments. Attendees also have the opportunity to earn the prestigious NAFCU Certified Compliance Officer (NCCO) designation. Credit unions can save $200 off registration with the code FALLSAVINGS18 through Aug. 10.
- Regulatory Compliance Seminar, Oct. 9-12 in San Antonio, Texas: Known as one of the best credit union compliance training programs in the industry, NAFCU's Regulatory Compliance Seminar features advanced sessions on hot-topic issues currently affecting credit unions. The seminar also allows existing NCCOs to obtain recertification without retaking the four-part exam. Credit unions can save $200 off registration with the code SEM18SAVINGS through Aug. 10.
- Management and Leadership Institute, Oct. 22-26 in Annapolis, Md.: During NAFCU's Management and Leadership Institute, credit union leaders will learn strategies to take their career to the next level. The five-day program features the industry's most successful CEOs and experts to help build enhanced leadership skills and credit union management knowledge. Credit unions can save $200 off registration with the code MLI18SAVINGS through Aug. 24.
- Lending Conference, Nov. 5-7 in St. Petersburg, Fla.: NAFCU's newest conference is back after a successful first year. Throughout the conference, the industry's most successful lenders will provide attendees with lending best practices, strategies and trends, as well as an update on new regulations and competitors impacting the marketplace. Credit unions can save $200 off registration with the code LENDSAVINGS through Sept. 14.
NAFCU's conferences are some of the most highly rated and respected education opportunities in the credit union community. The conferences are designed to help credit union leaders grow professionally and boost their credit union to the next level.
All of NAFCU's conferences are open to both member and nonmember credit unions. For a full calendar of NAFCU's conferences, click here.
Add to Calendar 2019-10-10 14:00:00 2019-10-10 14:00:00 CECL Auditing Part 2: Forecasts and Calculations About the Webinar In this session, we'll discuss the importance of auditing forecasted calculations derived from historical data. We'll focus on how to audit forecast models as well as disclosure requirements. Learn about: Auditing the models underlying data and forecasts What regression coefficients mean How coefficients work into the forecast Disclosure basics Auditing model descriptions Auditing changes in models and disclosures Ways of validating the forecast This session is recommended for internal accountants, external auditors, and regulators. Watch the Webinar On-Demand Web NAFCU firstname.lastname@example.org America/New_York public
Get daily updates.
Subscribe to NAFCU today.