8 premier NAFCU conferences open for registration
Although NAFCU's Board of Directors and Supervisory Committee Conference, which starts Monday in Newport, R.I., is sold out, credit union leaders have eight more opportunities this year to take advantage of NAFCU's industry-leading programming.
NAFCU's Board of Directors and Supervisory Committee Conference gives credit union volunteers the leadership skills and knowledge to ensure effective execution of board and supervisory duties. The conference features a pre-conference workshop and sessions to attain NAFCU training certificates and the NAFCU Certified Volunteer Expert (NCVE) designation. Get updates on the conference from NAFCU Today and follow #CUBoards on Twitter. Registration for next year's committee will open soon.
NAFCU's remaining 2018 conference schedule includes:
- NAFCU's 51st Annual Conference and Solutions Expo, June 19-22 in Seattle, Wash.: The industry's premier strategic planning event for credit union executives and board members features three days of high-quality content, each focused on a different angle of strategic planning. Throughout the conference, credit union attendees will hear from more than 50 industry experts during more than 40 sessions in a carefully curated agenda. To learn more about the conference and register, click here.
- BSA Seminar, Aug. 12-15 in Denver, Colo.: This seminar is designed by leading BSA authorities and will review the latest trends in money laundering and best practices to help credit union compliance officers better protect their organizations. Attendees will also have the opportunity to earn the NAFCU Certified Bank Secrecy Officer (NCBSO) designation; current NCBSOs can recertify by attending. Credit unions can save $200 off registration with the code BSASAVINGS through June 15.
- Risk Management Seminar, Aug. 13-15 in Denver, Colo.: This seminar will help attendees stay on top of emerging risks and threats and provide the tools needed to improve a credit union's risk management program. This conference is the only place to earn the impressive NAFCU Certified Risk Manager (NCRM) designation; current NCRMs can recertify by attending. Credit unions can save $200 off registration with the code RISKSAVINGS through June 15.
- Congressional Caucus, Sept. 11-14 in Washington, D.C.: NAFCU's credit union lobbying event of the year features a strong lineup of speakers, including senators, representatives, key administration officials and federal regulators who will discuss with attendees the important legislative and regulatory issues facing the industry. During last year's Caucus, attendees held more than 200 meetings on Capitol Hill. Credit unions can save $200 off registration with the code CAUCUSAVINGS through July 20.
- Fall Regulatory Compliance School, Oct. 8-12 in San Antonio, Texas: NAFCU's Regulatory Compliance Schools are so popular the association now holds two each year to meet demand. During the Fall Regulatory Compliance School, attendees will dive into the core compliance knowledge needed to keep their credit union up-to-date in the ever-changing regulatory and legislative environments. Attendees also have the opportunity to earn the prestigious NAFCU Certified Compliance Officer (NCCO) designation. Credit unions can save $200 off registration with the code FALLSAVINGS18 through Aug. 10.
- Regulatory Compliance Seminar, Oct. 9-12 in San Antonio, Texas: Known as one of the best credit union compliance training programs in the industry, NAFCU's Regulatory Compliance Seminar features advanced sessions on hot-topic issues currently affecting credit unions. The seminar also allows existing NCCOs to obtain recertification without retaking the four-part exam. Credit unions can save $200 off registration with the code SEM18SAVINGS through Aug. 10.
- Management and Leadership Institute, Oct. 22-26 in Annapolis, Md.: During NAFCU's Management and Leadership Institute, credit union leaders will learn strategies to take their career to the next level. The five-day program features the industry's most successful CEOs and experts to help build enhanced leadership skills and credit union management knowledge. Credit unions can save $200 off registration with the code MLI18SAVINGS through Aug. 24.
- Lending Conference, Nov. 5-7 in St. Petersburg, Fla.: NAFCU's newest conference is back after a successful first year. Throughout the conference, the industry's most successful lenders will provide attendees with lending best practices, strategies and trends, as well as an update on new regulations and competitors impacting the marketplace. Credit unions can save $200 off registration with the code LENDSAVINGS through Sept. 14.
NAFCU's conferences are some of the most highly rated and respected education opportunities in the credit union community. The conferences are designed to help credit union leaders grow professionally and boost their credit union to the next level.
All of NAFCU's conferences are open to both member and nonmember credit unions. For a full calendar of NAFCU's conferences, click here.
Add to Calendar 2019-07-18 14:00:00 2019-07-18 14:00:00 Executive Benefits: Pitfalls to Avoid in Due Diligence Watch the Webinar On-Demand About the Webinar Is your executive benefits program regulator-friendly? Whether you have an existing program or are interested in developing one, find out what matters most to your regulator. You’ll hear about trends in recent exams and get tips on updating your program. Other hot topics include: Overview of Executive Benefits NCUA 2017 Examiner Guidance for Executive Benefits and Benefit Investments Thirteen red flags to avoid Web NAFCU email@example.com America/New_York public
Add to Calendar 2019-07-18 14:00:00 2019-07-18 14:00:00 Preparing for the NAFCU Certified Bank Secrecy Officer (NCBSO) Designation NAFCU's Certified Bank Secrecy Officer (NCBSO) designation can only be obtained in-person during NAFCU's BSA Seminar. It's the ideal achievement for people like you who protect your credit union against money laundering threats. It also demonstrates to NCUA and FinCEN you're dedicated to BSA compliance. Don't miss this opportunity to learn more about the NCBSO designation, its benefits and best practices for exam prep. Join Brandy Bruyere, NAFCU’s VP of Regulatory Compliance for this short webinar on how best to prepare for the NAFCU Certified Bank Secrecy Officer Designation. Key Takeaways: Learn and review best practices to prepare for the NCBSO exam Explore the best use of study materials Learn about the daily study sessions Discover how to maximize your study time Register NowRegistration is free, but you must register to attend.One registration gives your entire credit union access to the on-demand recording until July 18, 2020.Already registered? Go to the Online Training Center to view live. Who Should Attend? NAFCU 2019 BSA Seminar registrants BSA, AML, risk, auditing, legal and operations staff Executive Management Credit Union Counsel Open to all credit unions, regardless of membership or charter type! Education Credits This webinar does not qualify for any continuing education credits recognized by NAFACU or NASBA. About Our Webinars Our webinars are streamed live from NAFCU headquarters near Washington, D.C. Your audio/video feed of the presenters includes presentation slides and downloadable handouts. You can easily submit your questions to the presenters at any time during the live broadcast, with no dialing over the phone! The audio and video stream directly through your computer. Web NAFCU firstname.lastname@example.org America/New_York public
FREE Live Webinar
Get daily updates.
Subscribe to NAFCU today.