The health and safety of NAFCU's staff, members and stakeholders are of the utmost priority. NAFCU is monitoring developments concerning the COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, and will make assessments based on government guidance. The association is also a member of the Financial Services Information Sharing and Analysis Center (FS-ISAC), through which it receives and shares updates that could impact credit unions.
A message to members from NAFCU President & CEO Dan Berger (March 13, 2020)
NAFCU’s executives have been meeting daily to discuss COVID-19 to evaluate what we are hearing from the industry and guidance from the CDC. There is a lot of uncertainty still with what will happen with the virus.
As a result, we have made the decision to cancel the following 2020 conferences:
- Spring Regulatory Compliance School that was set for March 16-20 in Arlington, Va.
- Board of Directors & Supervisory Committee Conference that was set for April 27-30 in San Francisco, Ca.
- CEOs & Senior Executives Conferences that was set for May 6-8 in Palm Springs, Ca.
- 53rd Annual Conference & Solutions Expo that was set for June 23-26 in Vancouver, Canada.
We have also pivoted the following 2020 conferences to a virtual format:
- Virtual BSA School now set for July 20-22, 2020
- Virtual Regulatory Compliance School now set for July 28-30, August 4-6, 2020
- Virtual Congressional Caucus now set for September 14 - 15, 2020
Currently, all other 2020 NAFCU conferences are still planned to occur with virtual options being considered. We will continue to monitor developments concerning the coronavirus and will notify members and conference attendees should anything else change.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) continues to provide updates on the spread of the COVID-19 and we encourage our members and stakeholders to also follow government updates to stay informed of the newest developments and guidance.
Subscribe to NAFCU Today to stay informed. Any updates will also be posted to this landing page.
- SBA's Paycheck Protection Program FAQs frequently updated with details on PPP and what it means for credit unions (8/7/20)
- Regulator Responses Tracker table highlighting the latest guidance from credit union regulators (7/1/20)
- Compliance-Related Coronavirus FAQs (3/26/20)
- [Chart] Key Provisions of the CARES Act (H.R. 748) (3/30/20)
- Paid Leave FAQs (H.R. 6201) (3/31/20)
- Carrie Hunt CUbroadcast Exclusive on COVID-19 Legislation (4/16/20)
- Economic Outlook - brief to help credit unions understand the current economic situation and potential implications in the wake of the coronavirus (3/18/20)
- Vulnerable Job Loss Data Tool - Access and sort data on local-level job markets to see the share of jobs that are vulnerable to early job loss due to the coronavirus. Member-only. (3/18/20)
NAFCU Roadshow Webinars
NAFCU staff will be meeting virtually with credit unions across the nation to discuss the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on the industry and talk about solutions for getting ahead. NAFCU will also address specific issues facing credit unions in each state. View roadshow schedule
- COVID-19 Loan Accommodations Continue (8/12/20)
- NCUA's COVID-19 Examination Guidance (7/24/20)
- FinCEN’s Recent Advisory on Imposter Scams and Money Mule Schemes Related to COVID-19 (7/15/20)
- CFPB's Common Consumer COVID-19 Complaints (7/6/20)
- Banking Non-English-Speaking Members During COVID-19: Translations Now Available (6/24/20)
- CFPB Provides E-Sign Consent Relief for Credit Card Issuers (6/17/20)
- COVID-19 Risks and Reasonable Cause to Doubt Collectibility (6/8/20)
- Cutting Expenses During a Pandemic (7/16/20)
- Real Estate Collections in the Pandemic World: Being Proactive While Protecting the Bottom Line (7/14/20)
- Complimentary Webinar: E-SIGN, Electronic Signatures and Digital Channel Migration Post-COVID 19 (6/29/20)
- Reopening the Branch: Rules for Safety, Security & Experience (6/10/20)
- Debt Collection During the Pandemic and Beyond – Positioning for the Future (6/8/20)
- Complimentary Webinar: NAFCU Town Hall – Changes in Consumer Behavior (5/27/20)
- Complimentary Webinar: Small Dollar Lending in Times of Crisis (5/18/20)
- Complimentary Webinar: NAFCU Town Hall – Industry Leaders Weigh Plans for Financial Sustainability (5/6/20)
- Complimentary Webinar: Lessons Learned in Business Continuity Planning (4/28/20)
- Complimentary Webinar: Branch Banking Will Be Different After Coronavirus (4/27/20)
- Complimentary Webinar: Remote Control: 3 Immediate Steps to Get Your Teleworkers Cybersecure (4/24/20)
- Complimentary Webinar: Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) (4/23/20)
- Complimentary Webinar: Loan Modifications – Understanding COVID-19 Guidance for Credit Unions (4/22/20)
- Complimentary Webinar: Allowing Safe Deposit Box Access During a Pandemic Branch Closing (4/21/20) will review best practices for allowing your members to access their safe deposit box when a branch is closed.
- Complimentary Webinar: Estimating the Allowance for Loan Losses Within an Economic Crisis (4/20/20)
- Complimentary Webinar: Nacha COVID-19 Update (4/17/20)
- Complimentary Webinar: Small Business Administration’s Paycheck Protection Program (4/16/20)
- Complimentary Webinar: Economic Update (4/14/20) will discuss the short-term and long-term health of the economy and how it may affect your credit union.
- Complimentary Webinar: Leading During Crisis - Communication and Culture from a Distance (4/8/20)
- Complimentary Webinar: Navigating SBA’s Payment Protection Program (4/7/20)
- NAFCU's Q1 Member Call-in with NCUA Chairman Rodney Hood (03/31/20) provides updates from Washington and the latest news on the coronavirus. Get access to call-in recording
- Complimentary Member-Only Webinar: Coronavirus Update (3/18/20) discusses the impact of the coronavirus pandemic specifically on the credit union industry.
- Complimentary On-Demand Webinar: Pandemic preparedness (3/17/20)
- Letter to CFPB on RESPA and Regulation X (August 13, 2020)
- Letter to Senate on HEALS Act and COVID-19 Phase IV Relief (July 30, 2020)
- Letter to House Financial Services on HEROES Act (July 22, 2020)
- Letter to House Small Business on Pandemic Lending Programs (July 16, 2020)
- Letter to House Financial Services Oversight Subcommittee on Protecting Homeowners During the Pandemic (July 15, 2020)
- Letter to House Small Business on Long-Lasting Small Business Recovery (July 14, 2020)
- Letter to SBA on IFR Forgiveness (July 1, 2020)
- Letter to FHFA on FHLB RFI Response (June 22, 2020)
- Letter to SBA on Automatic Loan Forgiveness (June 10, 2020)
- Letter to SBA on PPP Flexibility Act (June 9, 2020)
- Letter to Senate on COVID-19 Phase IV Relief (June 4, 2020)
- Letter to NCUA on Residential Real Estate Appraisals (June 4, 2020)
- Letter to House Financial Services Subcommittee on Financial Institutions on Promoting Inclusive Lending During the Pandemic (June 2, 2020)
- Letter to Senate Banking on Implementation of the CARES Act (June 1, 2020)
- Letter to NCUA on PPP and PPPLF Capital Treatment (May 27, 2020)
- Letter to Senate in Support of PPP Extension Legislation (May 22, 2020)
- Letter to House Leadership on HEROES Act (May 14, 2020)
- Letter to SBA on CARES Act Paycheck Protection Program (May 14, 2020)
- Letter to Chairwoman Waters on CARES 2.0 Proposal (May 12, 2020)
- Joint Trades EIP Letter to Secretary Mnuchin (April 29, 2020)
- Letter to Treasury on Paid Sick and Family Medical Leave (April 29, 2020)
- Letter to House Leadership in Support of H.R. 6550 (April 23, 2020)
- Joint Trades Letter to Uniform Law Commission on Collection and Use of Personally Identifiable Data Act (April 23, 2020)
- Joint Trades Letter to CFPB Director Kraninger on Qualified Mortgage (QM) Rulemaking (April 20, 2020)
- Letter to House Leadership on Credit Union Lending (April 16, 2020)
- Letter to SBA Administrator Carranza on Paycheck Protection Program Guidance (April 16, 2020)
- Ex Parte Letter to the FCC on Emergency COVID-19 Communications (April 15, 2020)
- Letter to National Governors Association on Property Tax Burden Relief for Credit Unions (April 9, 2020)
- Letter to House and Senate Leadership on Additional SBA PPP Funding (April 7, 2020)
- Letter to House and Senate Leadership on Phase IV COVID-19 relief (April 7, 2020)
- Letter to FHFA on COVID-19 Forbearances and Impact on Credit Unions (April 1, 2020)
- Letter to SBA Administrator Carranza on CARES Act Paycheck Protection Program (April 1, 2020)
- Joint Trades Letter to SBA Administrator Carranza on CARES Act Implementation (April 1, 2020)
- Letter to Secretary Mnuchin on Credit Union Access to SBA Programs (March 30, 2020)
- Letter to NCUA on Exams and Regulatory Relief (March 26, 2020)
- Joint Trades Letter on CARES Act Guidance (March 25, 2020)
- Letter to NCUA on Capital Relief (March 25, 2020)
- Joint Trades Letter to House and Senate Leadership on SBA 7(a) Lending (March 23, 2020)
- Letter to Congress on COVID-19 Phase III Response (March 22, 2020)
- Letter to HFSC Chairwoman Waters and Subcommittee Chairs on COVID-19 Relief (March 20, 2020)
- Joint Trades Letter to Senators on COVID-19 Relief (March 17, 2020)
- Letter to President Trump and Letter to NEC Director Kudlow on COVID-19 Relief (March 16, 2020)
- Letter to CFPB on COVID-19 Relief (March 12, 2020)
- NCUA Letters: (March 12, 2020)
- Letter to House and Senate Leadership on CU COVID-19 Response (March 10, 2020)
- Letter to President Trump on CU COVID-19 Response (March 10, 2020)
- Letter to Federal Reserve on Regulation D (March 6, 2020)
NAFCU has canceled the following conferences: Spring Regulatory Compliance School that was slated for March 16-20, 2020 in Arlington, Va.; Board of Directors & Supervisory Committee Conference that was slated for April 27-30 in San Francisco, Ca.; CEOs & Senior Executives Conference that was slated for May 6-8 in Palm Springs, Ca; and the 53rd Annual Conference & Solutions Expo that was slated for June 23-26 in Vancouver, Canada. All registrants have been contacted and may transfer or cancel their registration at no charge. Please contact our Member Services team if you have any questions at email@example.com or 800.344.5580.
All other 2020 NAFCU conferences are currently still planned to occur. The health and safety of our staff, members, vendors and other attendees is our top priority and we are assessing the situation daily. We will communicate immediately any additional cancellations or changes.
If you are planning to attend a NAFCU conference within 14 days of having visited one of the countries that the CDC has declared high-risk, please do not attend the NAFCU conference. NAFCU will gladly refund your registration in full if you are unable to attend.
To stay in-the-know, members are encouraged to subscribe to NAFCU Today. NAFCU's Member Services team will contact attendees directly with any logistical changes.
NAFCU is approaching this through the lens of the safety and health of its employees and members.
NAFCU is closely monitoring developments concerning the coronavirus, including updates provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) on new cases and appropriate precautions to take.
NAFCU encourages members and conference attendees to also stay informed of updates on the virus; we will post updates on this web page.
NAFCU is working closely with vendors and hotel staff to ensure accommodations and venues for NAFCU conferences are regularly deep cleaned, disinfected and sanitized. We are also providing hand sanitization stations throughout event locations and reminding all of proper hand washing techniques, as recommended by the CDC.
As with any other illness, stay home to rest and recover if you do not feel well. NAFCU will work with any attendee who is unable to attend a conference during the coronavirus outbreak due to illness. Please respect the health and safety of other attendees.